Junior Summer Camp 2024
Friday 19th - Monday 22nd January
Ern Halliday Recreation Camp, Hillarys
Entries close this Saturday Dec 23rd!!!
OWA is organising a summer orienteering camp with accommodation at Ern Halliday Recreation Camp, Hillarys. A team of OWA coaches will lead activities on site and nearby sprint ‘O’ maps for three days and three nights towards the end of the January School holidays.
We are looking for young people who enjoy orienteering, want to learn more about it and have a fun time with other young people.
- The camp will start at 3.00pm Friday 19th January, and will finish at 9.30am, Monday 22nd January at Ern Halliday Recreation Camp, Hillarys.
- Parents are expected to transport their children to/from the camp. If this is not possible please indicate this on the registration form and we will try to find alternative transport.
- The camp is subsidised by OWA so will only cost $150 per junior orienteer. This includes accommodation, meals and activities.
- The camp is open to anyone aged from 10 to 20 years who has participated in at least one bush event or Navdash event in addition to any school events and is a full OWA member. Casual members will be charged the cost of junior membership ($30) in addition to camp fees, i.e. you will become a junior member of OWA.
- Ern Halliday Camp in Hillarys is NW and 23 kms (33mins) from the Perth CBD.
- This camp is very close to the beach and will include paid activities: Archery and Flying Fox.
Entries are now open!
Photos: From previous junior camps, by Rob West.