Junior Camp 2023
Saturday 1st - Monday 3rd July
Swan Valley Adventure Centre
Our popular junior camp will be held over two days and two nights at the start of the July School holidays. Led by a team of OWA coaches, it will provide activities on site and training on a bush map, as well as attending the OWA event in Walyunga National Park.
We are looking for young people who enjoy orienteering, want to learn more about it and have a fun time with other young people.
- The camp will start at 10.00am Saturday 1st July 2023 at Swan Valley Adventure Centre, Middle Swan, and finish at 10.45am on Monday 3rd July.
- Activities will include participation in the OWA event in Walyunga National Park, in Bullsbrook, on morning of Sunday 2nd July. The juniors will be transported to and from the event by bus. Parents are encouraged to join us at this event.
- Parents are invited to a morning tea and the State Team announcement at Swan Valley Adventure Centre on Monday 3rd July at 10:00am. The camp will finish after the morning tea.
- The camp is subsidised by OWA so will only cost $100 per junior orienteer. This includes accommodation, meals and activities.
- The camp is open to anyone aged from 9 to 19 years who has participated in at least one bush event or Navdash event in addition to any school events and is a OWA full member. Younger juniors need to be able to complete an E Course without assistance. Casual members will be charged the cost of junior membership ($40) in addition to camp fees, i.e. you will become a junior member of OWA.
- Parents are expected to transport their children to/from the camp. If this is not possible please indicate this on the registration form and we will try to find alternative transport.
Entries are now open! See Eventor for more information and registration form.
Photos: 2022 junior camp at Camp Kerem, by Rob West.