Bush 8 - Ngangaguringguring
Sunday, 17 July 2022
Off Great Eastern Highway, near the Lakes
The terrain used for the courses is varied and includes open forest, some patches of thick vegetation, steeper hillsides with rock detail, and lots of open fast-running areas.
The area has been recently subject to a burn and some of the “green” areas have had their vegetation classification changed. Most of the map allows open fast running but in areas that were “green” care must be taken as there are root stocks with “thorny” shoots that may trip up runners.
We have been given permission to use this area for orienteering. Two conditions of use are:
- Because the event is in a water catchment area, runners should not enter flowing streams or other watercourses where water is flowing or ponding; and
- No camping or dogs permitted in water catchment areas.
Start times: 9:30-11:30am.
Courses close: 1pm.
Pre-entry via Eventor is preferred: entries close at 5pm on Saturday 16th July. However, EOD (Enter on the Day) will be accepted: please bring cash for payment.
Courses available: H2, H3, H4, H5, M, E and VE, plus a String Course.
Remember to bring:
- Water: no water on the courses or at the start or finish.
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, hat.
- Compass and SI stick, or you can borrow either or both at the event.
- Leg protection recommended.
Directions to the event are in Eventor.
The Information flyer has more information about the event.
Dogs are not permitted at bush events.
A reminder: Please comply with any COVID-19 restrictions in place at the time of the event and continue to practise social distancing and good hand hygeine.
Photos: Assembly area, by Rob West.