Have you got a sense of adventure? Kids who love to be outside in the fresh air and learn new skills? Who want to make new friends? Then orienteering is for you!
Orienteering is a sport that the family can enjoy together, progress at your own pace and feel a sense of achievement. It is suitable for all ages and abilities. Courses are varied and take place in local green spaces, National Parks as well as other scenic venues, across WA.
Orienteering is not only a fun and enjoyable sport it also provides valuable life skills including:
- Mental Challenges – decision making and team working skills
- Fun - you get to visit lots of new places and spend time in the great outdoors
- Lifetime skills – an introduction to map reading
- Confidence - in your abilities to problem solve and navigate
- Physical Activity - builds general fitness and stamina
- Excitement - the fun of a treasure hunt
- Team building – brings families and/or friends together
To search for orienteering events coming up, visit Eventor. Or why not start out by trying one of our permanent courses. You can also visit Nature Play WA for information about other family friendly activities.