Orienteering is fun, educational and active – it’s suitable for both primary and secondary students from Year 4 to Year 12.
There are lots of ways for schools to make orienteering available to their students:
- Run your own in-school orienteering sessions, using our free Orienteering for Schools booklet and lesson plans, together with a map of your school.
- Use our free permanent orienteering course kits at popular spots like Whiteman Park and Lake Leschenaultia.
- Enter the WA School Championships which OWA organises each year.
- Students can attend our annual Junior Training Camp run by qualified orienteering coaches.
- Students have the chance to join the WA Schools Orienteering Team which competes at the national School Orienteering Carnival held in different states during September each year.