Orienteering is fun, educational and active – it’s suitable for both primary and secondary students from Year 4 to Year 12.
There are lots of ways for schools to make orienteering available to their students:
- Run your own in-school orienteering sessions, using our free Orienteering for Schools booklet and lesson plans, together with a map of your school.
- Use our free permanent orienteering course kits at popular spots like Whiteman Park and Lake Leschenaultia.
- Enter the WA School Championships which OWA organises each year.
- Students can attend our annual Junior Training Camp run by qualified orienteering coaches.
- Students have the chance to join the WA Schools Orienteering Team which competes at the national School Orienteering Carnival held in different states during September each year.
For more information call 0417 919 513